Next Available Internships will Begin January 2018 – Now Accepting Applications
Firetoss is looking for an individual who is skilled and knowledgeable in the world of photography and photo editing. We have an intern position open in our Design and Development department who will be assisting in taking photos, editing photos and manipulating photos for the use in our designs for a large variety of clients.
- Help in editing photos for use in our web design and development projects
- Organize our library of photos
- Editing photos
- Working with RAW photos and prepping them for use on websites, print and email
- Actively learning and developing skillset
- Effectively communicating with team and some client interaction.
- Quick learner
- Capable of hitting deadlines
- Work with a team
- Portfolio of some of your photography
- Knowledge of Photoshop for photo editing
- Knowledge of Lightroom for editing and file management
- Photo Editing
- Know your way around a camera
- How to shoot in manual mode and exposing for various types of lighting situations
- Basic knowledge of flash and photography lighting
VIDEO COVER LETTER (REQUIRED):
As part of the internship application process we require every applicant to get a little bit out of his or her comfort zone. We know that when you are an intern you don’t have perfect mastery of every skill needed for your career, so when we hire, we look for personality, aptitude, and passion. A short video is the best way to tell us who you are and who you can become.
Here is what you do:
Record a short video (max 1 min 30 sec) answering the following questions:
- What is your name?
- Why you are applying for our photography internship?
- What interests you about working with Firetoss?
- What skills are you hoping to learn?
- What makes you unique from other people?
You can be as creative as you like on your video. This is your chance to show the hiring team that you deserve an interview at Firetoss.
Once you have completed your video upload it to YouTube. There are three very important requirements to the video, in order for your video to be considered:
- Your video must have the following title – Firetoss Video Cover Letter – Your Name (eg. Firetoss Video Cover Letter – David Riskin)
- You must include a description on your video on Youtube of what you applying for and where you are applying. The description appears below the video.
- You must include a link to the internship application page from your YouTube video description.
Once you have completed your video you can fill out the application below and include the URL link to your video